Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cue the Influx of Douchebags Betting on a Packers v. Jets Super Bowl at 1000-1 Odds...

Can't believe I'm typing this but...Brett Favre had been traded. More importantly, to the New York Jets. Yes, THOSE New York Jets. Now the only quarterback controversy brewing between Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens will be who gets to be ignored by Brett Favre the most as his primary backup? My condolences to Brett Ratliff and Eric Ainge. Hey, I hear New York could always use another bartender. Or maybe you could become the next "Bachelor" or something?

Wow. I mean, just...wow. So many emotions here; not sure even Rachel Nichols could help me dissect them all. So I guess this is our generation's Joe Namath in a Rams jersey? Then again...I've already witnessed Montana to the Chiefs and Rice to the Broncos, so maybe I'm making too big a deal out of this?

Although, now that scene from "There's Something About Mary" will make even more sense now that he's gonna be playing them twice a year.

As a Saints fan, though, I'm kinda disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing Brett's ass getting driven to the turf to open the season in the Superdome. Either that or watch him chuck unnecessary bombs into double coverage on a whim. Shit, even Jason David would've been able to nab a couple picks off Brett!

I mean, how much better does this move REALLY make the Jets? One win? Two, tops? Assuming his O-Line is up to the challenge, who's #4 gonna chuck it to? Laveranues Coles, who had a mediocre year last season (55 catches, 646 yards)? Or Jerricho Cotchery, who did make plenty of catches (82 for 1,130 yards), but only netted two touchdowns? Does he try throwing to Bubba Franks' old ass?

Now lets cast our attention to a guy who really deserves his moment in the sun: Aaron Rodgers! That's right, I'm rooting for #12 to show up and shut up all those douchebag cheeseheads this year.

No comments: