Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Billy "Baroo" Simmons has lost it

(Note: Man, I thought three post days were a rarity, but FOUR POST DAYS? Shit, this is like Wilt hitting 100 or something...)

I used to be a big fan of Mr. Simmons. Big fan. Like many other bloggers in the country, I'm sure. Somewhere along the way, Bill kinda turned on me. So...now I kinda got this whole Wes Mantooth/Ron Burgundy thing going on, where I absolutely loathe him with every fiber of my being, and yet I respect the hell out of the fact that he took his "Dane Cook" act to the big time and got paid tons of money for it. Good for him. Seriously. Any blogger that says they wouldn't want to get paid tons of money for writing about sports and pop culture is lying.

HOWEVER...

Simmons has been on a sharp decline for...fuck, I don't know how long...but this latest column comparing the '86 Celtics and '07 Patriots is proof positive that Billy Boy has gone off the reservation. And leave it to Kissing Suzy Kolber to throw a lasso around that loose steer.

No comments: