Saturday, December 27, 2008

An ad campaign I can get behind...

For a guy I had pegged as a nonchalant, argyle sweater wearing point guard who partakes in bowling on the side, uh, Chris Paul knows how to market himself.





Producer: "Yeah, Chris? We got an idea we wanna run by you."

CP3: "Shoot."

Producer: "Well, we wanna do a series of Right Guard ads featuring you."

CP3: "That's great!"

Producer: "Best of all, you don't even need to show up!"

CP3: "Huh?"

Producer: "Yeah, we'll take care of everything."

CP3: "Don't you need my face?"

Producer: "Yeah, we're using your face. Your 'likeness' if you will."

CP3: "And you don't need me for shooting?"

Producer: "Nope."

CP3: "What about my voice? Is it an animated thing?"

Producer: "Sorta. But no, we will not be needing your face."

CP3: "Then what the hell are you doing?"

Producer: "You watch Conan O'Brien?"

CP3: "Yeah, when I'm not schooling punks on Xbox LIVE. Didn't he write the Monorail episode for 'The Simpsons?'"

Producer: "Yes he did. You know when Conan interviews people on his show through the TV set, but it's only a cutout of that person? We're going to do that for these ads. But instead of you being interviewed, it's just you talking about how awesome your armpits are."

(CP3 scratches miniscule facial hair.)

CP3: "I'm sold!"

No comments: