Thursday, December 18, 2008

Giving a +1 to a commenter...on another blog.

Commenter's name: MtnExile
Blog site: Canal Street Chronicles

The Sporting News' Mike Florio turns in a real turd in the punchbowl column in which he attempts to argue that the Shockey trade could bring down Sean Payton.

I mean, is Sean Payton responsible for the past two years' worth of underachievement? Yep. But am I ready to pull the rug out from under him, ESPECIALLY after the 2006 season? Yeah, I get that the NFL is a "what have you done for me lately?" league, but don't tell me that Saints fans (those with half a brain) would be eager to can Sean Payton. I think an NFL coach gets a three year window of the bat when he lands a new gig. Well, a playoff appearance earns you another year for sure on that timer. A visit to the conference championship certainly nets you two years. So in my book, Sean Payton has FIVE YEARS before he's shown the door. And he's currently on year three of that. The NFC Championship appearance bought Payton some extra time. Hell, I'm really giving him SIX YEARS because of the swift turnaround from '05 to '06.

Anywho, Florio's diatribe ended up on Canal Street Chronicles, where it was subsequently taken apart by MtnExile.

No comments: