Sunday, December 7, 2008

Saints win. I am the Man of 1,000 Dances.

So much for that "0-17 when trailing after three quarters" crap, eh?



Well, that was...what's the word I'm looking for? Thrilling, terrifying, electrifying, frightening, discombobulating, exciting, insane, intense? Heart stopping? Nah, that's two words. I mean, why do we have to cut these things so damn close, Coach? Why am I asking so many questions that I know cannot really be answered?

I would like to say that it's pretty damn nice when the Saints show some balance on offense. They ran 32 pass plays and 30 run plays. Yeah, I'd call that balanced. (Note: Pipe down with your calls for "31-31.") Pierre Thomas and Reggie Bush proved they can shoulder the load (for now), especially when playing against a mediocre run defense. Obviously, acquiring a bigger, more "between the tackles" running back should be a priority in the off-season. It's not as a big a priority as filling the gaps in the secondary, though.

What can be said about the secondary? A fellow Saints fan at the bar this afternoon said our secondary couldn't cover a fucking Kinks song, let alone the Falcons' receivers. Jason David -- you all right, son. You might just make it back on the squad next year. That's a far cry from my opinion of you as far back as, uh, four or five weeks ago. Newsflash, Mickey Loomis: I don't care what Sean Payton asks or demands, you MUST, NEED, HAVE TO draft defense this April, okay?

In the meantime, I will not allow myself to get too worked up about any sort of a playoff run here. That's for those flip-flopping drive-by callers for sports radio. I'm just thrilled because the Saints won at home against the rival Falcons, all while playing a balanced game on offense.

Now...for fuck's sake, SOMEBODY needs to teach Usama Young how to stay on Devin Hester between now and Thursday!

No comments: