Monday, September 1, 2008

NFL Predictions, Part 1!

Shit, if everybody this side of SI's Don Banks can make predictions on the NFL, why should I be any different? Actually, I was supposed to call into Ralph's Forecast Radio program on Thursday to make my AFC predictions, but a busy night at work (DNC news) kept me from picking up my cell phone and ducking out of the office for my "15 minute break" that inevitably turns into a "30 minute break."

With four days left until the 2008-2009 season gets under way, I thought I'd go over my half-assed guesswork for the upcoming year. I'll tackle two division per day. And since I've got no scientific data with me, and because I'm not clever enough to create fake items of interest for each team like the guys at KSK, I'll keep things short and to the point.

I'm going to encourage the Bastard Son of Fourcade to post his predictions as well...whenever he finds time to put the needle down. (* = playoffs)

AFC North
Cleveland Browns, 9-7 (*)
Pittsburgh Steelers, 8-8
Baltimore Ravens, 7-9
Cincinnati Bengals, 6-10

NFC North
Minnesota Vikings, 11-5 (*)
Green Bay Packers, 8-8
Chicago Bears, 6-10
Detroit Lions, 4-12

No comments: